Monsters Announce 2016-17 Promotional Schedule
CLEVELAND – The AHL’s defending Calder Cup Champions, the Cleveland Monsters, proudly powered by Constellation, announced their 2016-17 promotional schedule today, which will feature a variety of fun-filled giveaways, unique themes and value-added promotions for all Monsters fans.
The Monsters will drop the puck on their 10th Anniversary Season in Cleveland with a “Championship Celebration Weekend” when they take on the Rockford IceHogs in back-to-back games on Friday October 14th at 7:00 pm and Saturday, October 15th at 5:00 pm at Quicken Loans Arena. The historic weekend celebration will begin at Friday’s opening night game when fans in attendance will experience the raising of the Monsters’ Calder Cup Championship banner with the first 10,000 fans in attendance on opening night also receiving a replica Calder Cup Championship banner. On Saturday, the first 10,000 fans will receive a magnetic Calder Cup 2016-17 Monsters regular season schedule. There will also be an outdoor Fan Fest on Gateway Plaza prior to each game (starting at 5:00 pm on Friday and 3:00 pm on Saturday) with the opportunity for fans to take a photo with the Calder Cup.
Back by popular demand beginning with the Friday, October 28th game, Friday night home games will once again be “Blue Jackets Nights” where on the ice, the Monsters will wear specialty Blue Jackets-themed jerseys! Also, all Friday home games will again be
“1-2-3 Fridays” featuring $1 Pepsi Products, $2 Sugardale hot dogs and $3 draft beer specials (select 12-14 ounce draft beers).
All 2016-17 Monsters home games will continue to feature the same value-packed entertainment that fans have come to expect throughout the team’s first nine seasons at The Q, including:
- EVERY WEEKDAY: “College ID Night” returns with special $6 tickets with a valid college ID. NEW to “College ID Nights” is a $6 ‘College Meal Deal’ that includes a Sugardale hot dog, soda and chips. There will be 15 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night home games this season.
- EVERY FRIDAY: “Blue Jackets Nights” & “1-2-3 Fridays” are back, complete with $1 Pepsi products, $2 Sugardale hot dogs and $3 beers, along with Monsters Blue Jackets-themed jerseys. There are 12 Friday night games this season (the home opener on Friday, October 14th will remain a “1-2-3 Friday” and the team will debut their new Cleveland Monsters white jerseys).
- EVERY SATURDAY & SUNDAY MATINEE GAME: “KIDS DAY GAMES!” ‘Monsters Kids Meals’ will be available featuring a Sugardale hot dog, soda and chips for only $6! Also, the first 1,000 kids through the gates will receive a free day pass to everyone’s favorite indoor waterpark, Castaway Bay! There are six “Kids Day Games” this season
Jerseys, Jerseys and more Jerseys!
In 2016-17, fans will have the opportunity to see the Monsters in many different uniforms! In addition to the team’s brand new CLEVELAND MONSTERS home white jerseys, the team will wear their road BLACK jerseys at home during the second half of the season as, per new league rules, AHL teams will wear light jerseys at home until December 25th, at which point home teams will wear dark uniforms for the remainder of the campaign. In addition to the Monsters’ white Blue Jackets-themed jerseys, the team will debut a navy Blue Jackets-themed jersey on Friday, December 30th that will be worn on Friday nights for the rest of the season. The team will also showcase their new gold alternate jerseys on Cavs Night on Wednesday, December 28th in addition to a few other nights throughout the year.
New to the Monsters’ uniform offerings this season are Monsters Community Warm-Up Jersey Nights! Players will wear specialty jerseys during warm-ups at specific games this year to help benefit local community impact groups and fans will have the opportunity to bid on these sweaters during the game! There will be four Monsters Community Warm-Up Jersey Nights this season:
- Veterans Day Tribute warm-up jersey – Friday, November 11th
- Make-A-Wish warm-up jersey – Friday, February 3rd
- Autism Awareness warm-up jersey – Saturday, March 18th
- Go Pink warm-up jersey – Friday, March 24th
Fans will also have the opportunity to bid on and win the following authentic game-worn jerseys:
- “Blue Jackets-Themed Jerseys” – Friday, January 20th – The Monsters will wear and auction off their WHITE Blue Jackets-themed jerseys that were worn during the first half of the season.
- “Cleveland Indians Tribute Night” – Saturday, January 28th – Baseball in January! The Monsters will pay homage to their MLB neighbors across Gateway Plaza by wearing Indians-themed jerseys that will be auctioned off to fans following the game!
- “St. Patrick’s Day” Game – Friday, March 17th – Try your luck at one of these awesome green jerseys and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your Cleveland Monsters!
Among the many FREE giveaways featured within this year’s Monsters promotional schedule are a Mini Championship Banner on opening night, a Monsters Kids Cape (kids giveaway) on November 12th, a CLE Landmark and Championship Calendar on December 2nd, a Championship Fleece Blanket on December 16th, a Player ‘Starting Lineup’ Figurine (kids giveaway) on February 4th, a Cleveland Hockey Rocks T-shirt on February 10th, a Monsters Bobblehead on March 18th, a Monsters Fathead Tradeable (kids giveaway) on March 26th, and a Players and Pups Poster (for all dog tickets) on April 9th’s “Pucks & Paws” Night. Giveaways this season will be distributed to the first 10,000 fans through the gates and all kids giveaways will go to the first 3,500 kids in attendance ages 14 and under.
Single game tickets for the 2016-17 season will go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, August 30th at 3:00 pm.
A special single game pre-sale will be made available to all Monsters Hockey Club Members on Tuesday, August 30th beginning at 10:00 am and Monsters Insiders (subscribers to the team’s e-newsletter) will also be able to participate in a special pre-sale beginning at 1:00 pm on Tuesday the 30th. To become an Insider and take advantage of this pre-sale, click HERE.
Full Season Monsters Hockey Club memberships, partial season memberships, group ticket and birthday bash packages are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, by calling (216) 420-0000, or by visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.