Countdown to #MonstersOpener Official Sweepstakes Rules
1. Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the Countdown to #MonstersOpener Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). Twitter and Instagram users who, during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below), follow @monstershockey and tweet a picture to @monstershockey using the hashtag #MonstersOpener or post a picture on Instagram to @monstershockey (eligible Instagram users must have a public account) using the hashtag #MonstersOpener will be entered into a pool of Entrants (as defined below) and provided with an opportunity to win either (i) two (2) tickets to the first 2016-17 Cleveland Monsters regular season home game in Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio scheduled to be played on October 14, 2016, or (ii) a Monsters player-autographed photograph (each, a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”).
ARV of the two (2) tickets: $40
ARV of the photograph: $40
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 14, 2016 at 12:00:00 PM EST and ends on October 14 at 11:59:59 PM EST. In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. Cavaliers Hockey Holdings, LLC (“CHH”) is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor is it obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
3. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must be a Twitter or Instagram user who, during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below), either follows @monstershockey and tweets a picture to @monstershockey using the hashtag #MonstersOpener or posts a picture on Instagram to @monstershockey (eligible Instagram users must have a public account) using the hashtag #MonstersOpener.
Limit: One entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant, during the Sweepstakes Period, tweets multiple times to @monstershockey using the hashtag #MonstersOpener, posts multiple pictures on Instagram to @monstershockey using the hashtag #MonstersOpener, and/or does both, only the first such entry will be considered. All entries become the property of CHH.
By entering as described above, each Entrant consents to (a) being contacted by CHH and its respective affiliates; and (b) be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
4. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children) of CHH, its advertising and promotional agencies, and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be ten (10) Prize winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”), two (2) of which will be randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about each of the following dates:
- September 16, 2016;
- September 23, 2016;
- September 30, 2016;
- October 7, 2016; and
- October 14, 2016.
The two (2) Winners chosen on or about September 16, 2016 will be notified by e-mail on or about September 16, 2016. The two (2) Winners chosen on or about September 23, 2016 will be notified by e-mail on or about September 23, 2016. The two (2) Winners chosen on or about September 30, 2016 will be notified by e-mail on or about September 30, 2016. The two (2) Winners chosen on or about October 7, 2016 will be notified by e-mail on or about October 7, 2016. The two (2) Winners chosen on or about October 14, 2016 will be notified by e-mail on or about October 14, 2016.
If a Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with CHH by the date specified in the notification e-mail message; or (c) fails to accept a Prize, CHH reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. CHH shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a Winner and no responsibility is assumed by CHH for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of CHH, the Winners must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by CHH in order to be eligible to receive a Prize: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; and (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to CHH. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if a Winner is deemed by CHH to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining qualifying Entrants, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms, and Restrictions: Only the Prizes described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents, and/or redemptions may be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, CHH reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in CHH’ sole discretion. The Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. The Winners shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prizes, including (if applicable) any and all of his or her travel expenses and accommodations. If applicable, the Winners must be able to travel on those dates and times designated by CHH, in its sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by the Winners.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting CHH the right to use the Winners’ name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winners) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. CHH expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prizes. CHH makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Prizes. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market, and publicize the Sweepstakes, CHH and its respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants CHH a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, however CHH may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Sweepstakes Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by the Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as the Winner and all privileges as the Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS HOCKEY HOLDINGS, LLC, CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, THE AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Limitation of Liability: CHH shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. CHH may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or CHH representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of CHH which, in the sole opinion of CHH, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then CHH reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or CHH in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Ohio. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
12. Winners List: For a copy of the first name, last initial, and city of residence of the Winner, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
One Center Court
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Attn.: Josie Janavicius
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.