2009-10 Midyear Review...Marty Sertich
Appearing in 48 of the 49 Monsters games this season, Marty Sertich has been a workhorse for the team and leads the club in games played. This role is not a new one for Sertich as during his collegiate career, at Colorado College, he never missed a game, skating in 166 consecutive contests. Following his junior year, he was the recipient of the 2005 Hobey Baker Memorial Award as the Top U.S. Collegiate Player as he finished first in the nation with 64 points (27G, 37A).
The 2009-10 season marks Sertich’s fourth year in the AHL. Before playing for the Monsters, Sertich was with the Iowa Stars, who were the AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars. He was acquired from the Dallas Stars in exchange for a conditional selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft on June 10, 2008.
Sertich was only able to participate in 24 games for the Monsters last season due to injury. Up to this point, Sertich has 27 points (9G, 18A) and has five multi-point games.
• January 22nd: Recorded fifth multi-point game of the season (3A) and first three-point game of the year in 5-4 overtime win against Texas.
• January 9th: Registered fourth multi-point game of the season (1G, 1A) and scored the game-winning goal in 3-1 win against Rochester.
• January 3rd: Picked up third multi-point game of the season (1G, 1A) in 7-2 win against Grand Rapids.
• January 2nd: Notched second multi-point game of the season (2A) in 3-2 win against Hamilton.
• December 31st: Recorded first multi-point game of the season (1G, 1A) in 5-1 win against Rochester.
• October 23rd: Scored first goal of the season in a 5-3 loss against Texas.