Cleveland Monsters Announce 2017-18 Promotional Schedule
CLEVELAND, OH- The Cleveland Monsters, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets, announced today the team’s 2017-18 promotional schedule which features several new giveaways and themes that are sure to excite Monsters fans everywhere. The team, entering its 11th season in Cleveland, will open the 2017-18 campaign at Quicken Loans Arena on Saturday, October 7th at 7:00 pm when the Monsters face the Rockford Icehogs. In addition to fourteen giveaways, ten Blue Jackets-themed games, six Kids Day games and three specialty jersey nights, each of the Monsters’ eleven Friday night home games will be a “1-2-3 Friday”, where fans can look forward to $1 Pepsi products, $2 Sugardale hotdogs and $3 select beer specials!
The Monsters’ 2017-18 promotional schedule features value-packed themes including:
- EVERY WEEKDAY GAME is a “College ID Night” featuring special $6 tickets with a valid college ID and a $6 College Meal Deal that includes a Sugardale hotdog, ice-cold Pepsi and chips. There will be eleven “College ID Nights” this season.
- EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT GAME is a “1-2-3 Friday” where fans can enjoy $1 Pepsi products, $2 Sugardale hotdogs and $3 draft beer specials. There will be eleven “1-2-3 Fridays” this season.
- EVERY SUNDAY MATINEE GAME is a “KIDS DAY GAME” presented by Castaway Bay where the first 2,500 kids age 14 and under will receive a special giveaway! Monsters Kids Meals will also be available featuring a Sugardale hotdog, an ice-cold Pepsi, and chips for only $6. There will be six “KIDS DAY GAMES” this season, which include a Castaway Bay Kids Day Pass Giveaway for the first 1,000 kids 12 and under. In addition, five of the “KIDS DAY GAMES” will feature a FREE Postgame Skate presented by Hudec Dental!
- EVERY SATURDAY MATINEE GAME, as well as seven other dates, will be a “Columbus Blue Jackets Affiliate Game” where the team will wear Blue Jackets-themed jerseys! There are ten Blue Jackets-themed games this season in total.
Among the numerous free giveaways for fans, the Monsters’ 2017-18 promotional schedule will feature a Magnetic Schedule Giveaway, courtesy of University Hospitals Parma Medical Center, on Friday October 7th; a Team Poster on Friday, October 27th; a Monsters Ice Scraper, courtesy of Cargill, on Friday, December 8th; a Monsters Ski Cap on Saturday, December 23rd; a “Cleveland Rocks” T-shirt on Saturday, January 27th; a Monsters Player Bobblehead, presented by 811: Know Before You Dig & Dominion, on Friday, February 23rd; a Monsters Rally Towel on Saturday, March 24th and a Monsters Reusable Tote Bag on Friday, April 6th.
In addition, there will be six kids-only giveaways this season, including a Monsters Trick-or-Treat Bucket on Sunday, October 22nd; a Fathead Growth Chart on Sunday, February 4th; a Sully Toothbrush Holder on Sunday, February 11th; a Monsters Zamboni Bank on Sunday, March 4th; a Player Trading Card set on Sunday, March 25th and a Kids Beach Towel on Sunday, April 8th. Kids-only giveaways will be given to the first 2,500 kids age 14 and under and all other giveaways will be distributed to the first 10,000 fans in the building!
In addition to fan-favorite theme nights such as “Salute The Troops” on Saturday, November 18th, “Cavaliers Tribute Night” on Friday, January 19th, and “Pucks & Paws” presented by Levin Furniture, on Sunday, April 8th, fans can look forward to NEW theme nights that will round out the schedule. “Hockey with Heart” will make its debut on Friday, February 9th and will include a blood drive to help raise awareness for vascular health. Also, on Friday, March 2nd, the Monsters will honor and recognize all who work in the healthcare industry with “Medical Professionals Appreciation Night.”
In addition to the Monsters’ black, white, and gold uniforms, the team will wear two new Blue Jackets-themed uniforms in both white (first half of the season) and navy (second half of the season). The team will also be wearing three specialty jerseys that will be auctioned off to fans!
- “Monsters MARVEL Super Hero Night”- The team will partner with MARVEL and host an entire Super Hero Game featuring “Marvelized” game jerseys, music, merchandise and Super Hero appearances!
- “Flashback Friday”- Friday, February 9th- The Monsters are going to throw it back with some special “Fauxback” jerseys that will be retro-inspired!
- “The Purple Game” – In partnership with the American Cancer Society, this game will feature lavender game jerseys, white and purple rally towels, and much more to raise awareness, support and funds for cancer research.
The complete 2017-18 promotional schedule can be found HERE.
SINGLE GAME TICKETS FOR THE 2017-18 SEASON WILL GO ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th AT NOON.
Secure the best seats for the biggest home games at The Q with the Monsters’ 12-Game Silver Membership or customize your own ticket plan with a Monsters flex plan. Both are available now, so act fast! All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling
(216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.