Cleveland Monsters Announce 2018-19 Promotional Schedule
Schedule features new promotions, giveaways and theme nights
Single-game tickets on sale Wednesday, Aug. 29 at Noon
The Cleveland Monsters announced the 2018-19 promotional schedule on Tuesday, featuring new promotions, giveaways and theme nights including something for everyone. The Monsters, entering their 12th AHL season in Cleveland, will open the 2018-19 Season at Quicken Loans Arena on Friday, Oct. 5 at 7:00 pm, squaring off with the Rockford IceHogs.
In addition to 11 giveaways, seven Blue Jackets-themed games and three specialty jersey nights, the team is excited to introduce “Monsters Family Days” for every Saturday and Sunday matinee game, with each one of these games featuring special promotions for kids. Returning for every Friday home game this season are “1-2-3 Fridays,” where fans can look forward to $1 Pepsi products, $2 Sugardale hot dogs and $3 select beer specials!
This year’s promotional schedule features numerous FREE giveaways for the first 10,000 fans, including:
- Magnetic Schedule Giveaway courtesy of University Hospitals Sports Medicine on Friday, Oct. 5
- Noise-Making Goal Light Ornament on Saturday, Dec. 22
- Cleveland Heroes Rock T-shirt courtesy of Unique Home Solutions on Saturday, Jan. 26
- Cleveland Sports Legend Bobblehead on Saturday, Feb. 9
- Astronaut Bobblehead presented by Dominion Energy on Saturday, March 23
- Rally Towel on Saturday, March 30
Additionally, the Monsters will offer five Kids-only giveaways this season. Kids-only giveaways will be provided to the first 2,500 kids age 12 and under. Kids giveaway dates include:
- Monsters Snappets Noise Maker on Saturday, Oct. 6
- Monsters Poster on Saturday, Dec.1
- Monsters Youth Jersey* on Saturday, Dec. 15
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Mask* on Wednesday, Dec. 26
- Player Trading Card Set on Saturday, Jan. 5
*The Monsters Youth Jersey and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Mask will be given to the first 5,000 kids 12 and under.
In addition to fan-favorite theme nights such as Salute to Service presented by Ohio CAT on Saturday, Nov. 10, the Holiday Hockey Game on Saturday, Dec. 22, Cleveland Heroes Rock presented by Unique Home Solutions on Jan. 26, Pucks & Paws presented by Levin Furniture on Sunday, March 24 and, in partnership with the American Cancer Society, The Purple Game on Saturday, March 30, fans can look forward to NEW theme nights that will round out the schedule.
- Monstoberfest featuring special Oktoberfest beer and Bavarian pretzel concessions on Saturday, Oct. 13
- Nickelodeon Night featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Saturday, Dec. 26 - The team will partner with Nickelodeon and host an entire game featuring a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme, including jerseys that will be worn by the players, music, merchandise and character appearances!
- Monsters Grow the Game Night makes its debut on Saturday, Dec. 15
- Cleveland Sports Legends Night takes place on Saturday, Feb. 9
- Monsters Moon Landing on Saturday, March 23 - The Monsters will pay tribute to the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing and Cleveland’s contributions to space exploration with specialty astronaut jerseys, an astronaut bobblehead giveaway for the first 10,000 fans courtesy of Dominion Energy and exhibits from Cleveland’s own NASA Glenn Research Center.
In addition to the Monsters’ traditional black, white and Blue Jackets-themed jerseys, the team will also wear three specialty jerseys in 2018-19 that will be auctioned off to fans on the following dates:
- Nickelodeon Night featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Wednesday, Dec. 26
- Monsters Moon Landing - Saturday, March 23.
- The Purple Game - Saturday, March 30
The Monsters’ promotional schedule in 2018-19 also features value-packed themes:
- MONSTERS HOCKEY HOPPY HOUR – Starting at just $11, the all-new Monsters Hockey Hoppy Hour Ticket includes a lower-level ticket and a beverage for all (non-Holiday) weekday games during the 2018-19 season! This ticket includes a 12 oz. domestic beer OR a Pepsi product/bottled water. Monsters Hockey Hoppy Hour Tickets are limited with a maximum of eight tickets per transaction.
- EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT GAME is a “1-2-3 Friday” when fans can enjoy $1 Pepsi products, $2 Sugardale hot dogs and $3 select beer specials. There will be 12 “1-2-3 Fridays” throughout the season.
- EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MATINEE GAME is a “Monsters Family Day,” presented by Castaway Bay during which the first 2,500 kids will receive a Castaway Bay day pass and kids can enjoy Monsters Kids Meals that include a Sugardale hot dog, an ice-cold Pepsi and chips for only $6. For every Saturday Matinee game, the first 2,500 kids age 12 and under will receive a special giveaway! Every Sunday Family Day will feature select player autographs for kids 12 and under, as well as a FREE Postgame Skate presented by Hudec Dental! There are seven Monsters Family Days this year.
- BLUE JACKETS NIGHTS will be featured seven times throughout the season. On these nights, the team will wear special Blue Jackets-inspired jerseys, while the in-game presentation for the evening will include elements from the Monsters’ NHL affiliate in Columbus. Blue Jackets Nights this season are on: Nov. 4, 9, 28 and 30, Dec. 21, Feb. 12 and April 8.
The Monsters’ 2018-19 promotional schedule can be found here: http://clevelandmonsters.com/schedule
SINGLE GAME TICKETS FOR THE 2018-19 SEASON WILL GO ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC ON WEDNESDAY, AUG. 29 AT NOON.
Monsters Hockey Club Members will enjoy early pre-sale access on Wednesday morning to purchase tickets before the public on-sale.
2018-19 Monsters Hockey Club Memberships, providing fans the ability to lock in the lowest ticket prices, the best seat locations to each game, custom member benefits and an exclusive Monsters’ jersey, are now available! Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000 or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/monstershockey.