Notes & Quotes: Dec. 15 v Rochester Americans
Cleveland Monsters v. Rochester Americans
Dec. 15, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters have had 21 matchups in franchise history of home-and-home series that fall on consecutive nights with a 10-7-3-1 record in the second game following tonight's overtime loss
- This is the fifth home-and-home series between the Monsters and Amerks with Cleveland holding an overall 6-3-1-0 record. The last time the Monsters had a point in the second game of the series was December 21, 2013 (3-2 W)
- Cleveland is now 4-3-1-0 this season when holding their opponents scoreless in the first period
- The Monsters penalty kill unit is 10/11 (90.9 %) through three games this season against the Rochester Americans
- Cleveland is now 8-3-2-0 in the game following a loss this season
- Matiss Kivlenieks stopped a season-high 37 shots in the Monsters overtime loss against the Americans
- Following tonight's game, Nathan Gerbe (1G) and Adam Clendening (1A) are both on three game point streaks totaling four points
On the scoreless start... "Both teams started slow... no one could find their legs."
On taking them to overtime... "We weren't at our best but it was good to get a point."
On Kivlenieks... "That was a good test of a team regardless of playing back to back nights. He stood tall in there and it was a good test for him."
On standings... "That's the way it's going right now but we're still finding a way to be in games. We're not giving up many goals, we're just not scoring as many. We've just got to figure that out and we' should be fine."