Notes & Quotes: Dec. 21 v Belleville Senators
Cleveland Monsters v. Belleville Senators
Dec. 21, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters are now 4-3-0-0 this season in games decided by three goals
- Following Eric Robinson’s 10th goal of the season, Cleveland has now scored eight power-play goals in their last seven games
- This game was the Monsters' fifth game in a row with a power play goal
- The Monsters are now 5-2-1-0 when there are four or more combined goals in the first period with three of those wins having a 3-1 first period score for Cleveland
- Five Monsters players tallied multi-point nights following the 6-3 win against Belleville: Eric Robinson (6th- 1G, 1A), Alex Broadhurst (5th- 3G, 1A), Gabriel Carlsson (5th- 2A), Adam Clendening (4th- 2A), Tommy Cross (4th- 2A)
- Alex Broadhurst had his first hat trick of the season and first four-point night of the season
On what clicked for him Friday night... "Two were just great plays by my teammates. I was in the right spot at the right time, was able to put them in the net... Letestu made a nice pass to me in the slot and I had a good shot on net. It's nice when you can score three goals in one game obviously, so I felt good."
On the power play... "It's been a struggle. The hardest thing is just keeping positive and keeping your mind right. Not getting points is tough on the mind sometimes, you feel like you're not playing well but you're still working hard and you still stick with it. Hopefully we can keep this going and my hard work can pay off."
On the power play... "To be honest, I think our power play's been good for the last 12 games, we just haven't been rewarded... sometimes the hockey Gods are good to you so hopefully we can keep it rolling."
On the team dynamic... "We've got that many guys playing really good hockey and playing together, for each other... it turns into wins."
On the power play... "Our roster gets a lot of turnover so when we lose... we need to give other guys looks so when we lose a guy like Dalpe to the Spengler (Cup), someone else knows what they're doing. Guys have gotten different looks so they've earned it - they're playing really good hockey."
On the game energy level... "We have some great leadership. We've got some guys playing with a lot of passion and it's contagious."