Notes & Quotes: Dec. 26 v. Rochester Americans
Cleveland Monsters v. Rochester Americans
Dec. 26, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters had 31 shots on goal despite being shut out by the Rochester Americans. This marks the third time Cleveland has been shut out this season with the previous two both by the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and the second-highest shots recorded on a shut out loss (32, 12/07)
- The loss snapped Cleveland’s three-game win streak and four-game point streak (3-0-1-0) tying their longest point streak of the season that ran from November 23 to November 30 (2-0-2-0)
- The 4-0 loss was the first regulation loss for the Monsters since December 14 against the Americans (3-1)
- The Monsters are now 2-3-0-0 on Boxing Day games played at home and 0-2-1-0 overall against the Amerks on December 26
- Cleveland is now 5-6-2-0 in games following two-plus days of rest and 5-6-2-0 after being held scoreless in the first period
On what didn't work... "I think we enjoyed our break a little too much. We had no legs, no compete, no desire. Without any of those you don't give yourself a chance."
On moving forward... "We'll get back to work tomorrow at 10:30 and we'll iron this out."
On what the loss means... "The disappointing part was we were on a little bit of a streak and now we have to start one again. We've got to find our game again."