Notes & Quotes: Dec. 28 v Grand Rapids Griffins
Cleveland Monsters v. Grand Rapids Griffins
Dec. 29, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters are now 6-2-0-0 in their first game of a consecutive home-and-home series in franchise history against the Grand Rapids Griffins and 16-5-0-1 overall
- This marks the eighth home-and-home series against the Griffins in franchise history and only the second time a series has started in Cleveland (Nov. 21, 2014; 5-4 W)
- Friday's game marks the first time the Monsters have overcome a two-goal deficit to win in overtime since Dec. 20, 2017 versus the Iowa Wild (5-4)
- Cleveland is now 7-1-4-0 in games decided by one goal
- Seven of these games have been decided in overtime
- Michael Prapavessis returned to the Monsters line up for the first time since Oct. 20 following an upper-body injury that kept him sidelined for 24 games
- Brad Thiessen had his third win of the season in four appearances following 19 saves and his second game decided in extra time (Nov. 2 vs. TOR, 7-6 SOW)
On getting the start.. "Feels good, it was a nice surprise to get that word this morning."
On team defense... "They did a really good job... we weren't happy with our game Wednesday and really made that a point of emphasis tonight."
On takeaways from the win... "The way we're able to keep battling. Going down 2-0 and not giving up... that third period was one of our best periods of the year probably. If we can carry that into tomorrow night, we'll be looking pretty good."
On bouncing back... "Big improvement from the other night."
On Friday's grit... "We hit 4 or 5 goal posts prior to scoring. We just stayed with it, that's the one thing I like about our guys - we just keep grinding it out and finding ways."
On preparing for Saturday's rematch... "We're going to get some rest."