Notes & Quotes: Feb. 24 v Milwaukee Admirals
Cleveland Monsters v. Milwaukee Admirals
Feb. 24, 2019 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters penalty kill unit against the Admirals so far this season has performed at 100% stopping eight chances through three games. Cleveland has also scored three power-play goals out of five chances against Milwaukee
- Every game between Cleveland and Milwaukee this season has been decided in extra time, making the Admirals the only opponent that this has happened with.
- Cleveland currently has a 2-0-1-0 record against Milwaukee with one game left in their series matchup
- Mark Letestu now has three game-winning overtime goals, including his 14th goal of the season with one second remaining in extra time Sunday afternoon.
- Letestu has four points against the Admirals so far this season (3G, 1A) and is currently on a four-game point streak
- Zac Dalpe had his team-leading 10th multi-point night of the season following two points against Milwaukee (1G, 1A) including his seventh power-play goal of the year.
- Dalpe finished the weekend with four points (3G, 1A) following a 14 game absence due to injury
- Kevin Stenlund had his first multi-goal night of his career after scoring two Sunday afternoon for his third multi-point night of the year
- Tommy Cross had three assists Sunday afternoon, including the primary on the game-winning goal, for a season-high multi-point night. Cross has eight points in the month of February (1G, 7A) and is on a three-game point streak
- Kole Sherwood had his third multi-point night of the season following two assists against the Admirals
- Justin Scott scored his second short-handed goal of his career and first of the season in the second period Sunday afternoon
On tonight's game... "We've got to do a better job of closing it down - but we got two points & that's good."
On NHL/AHL assignments... "It's a little hard, obviously. But I try to play my game and help the team as much as possible."
On what's to come... "Two good wins here & we got to keep rolling."
On overtime... "We really have to learn, if we want to be a playoff team, to close these games out and secure two points before the extra frame."
On his game winner... "That was the plan - just get up the ice as quickly as possible."
On injuries... "We miss Gerbs (Gerbe), we miss Broady (Broadhurst) - we miss those guys. But to get him (Dalpe) back, you can tell it's been a shot in the arm."
On trade deadline... "If something happens, it happens & you adjust from there. But as of right now the focus is on the Monsters getting into the playoffs & not the trade deadline."
On team injuries... "We managed to stay somewhere in striking distance for the playoff race when we were missing a bunch of guys so we've hung around & now we're getting some wins."
On team chemistry... "We're getting some contributions from everybody and that's huge for us."
On the upcoming trade deadline... "We're just going to continue to take every game one at a time and find our rhythm in a game. I think everyone's confidence is getting high - it's a good time to get on a roll."