Notes & Quotes: March 24 v Hershey Bears
Cleveland Monsters v. Hershey Bears
March 24, 2019 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters ended the final three-in-three weekend of the season with a 3-0-0-0 record. Following a 5-2 win in Rochester, and a 5-2 and 4-1 win over Hershey, Cleveland has now won 9 games this season by three goals
- Following Sunday's afternoon win in front of 10,894 fans, the Monsters are now 8-2-0-0 when playing in front of crowds of over 10,000 people
- Cleveland has now put together a season-high five consecutive wins at home running from Friday, March 1, against Laval to Sunday, March 24, against Hershey
- Following a six-point weekend, the Monsters sit fourth in the North Division's final playoff spot with 74 points and a game in hand over the fifth place Belleville Senators (also 74 points). Cleveland is 7-2-1-0 in their last 10 games played and a 4-0-1-0 streak
- Tommy Cross had the first goal against the Hershey Bears both Saturday and Sunday at The Q. Out of his seven goals this season, four of them have come against Hershey
- Cross is in a three-game point streak with two goals and one assist over that time
- Brad Thiessen had back-to-back wins with a season-high 36 save performance at Sunday’s matinee
- Alexandre Texier scored one goal on Sunday afternoon to complete the weekend with six points (3G, 3A) in three games played
- Zac Dalpe and Mark Letestu each notched a point on Sunday afternoon to push point streaks to six games (5G, 2A) and three games (2G, 4A), respectively
On his mindset... "I just try to work hard every day and I felt pretty good on the ice... I just enjoy my time here & try to enjoy on the ice too."
On joining a new team... "I try to show on the ice how I can help the team, & I feel pretty good with the guys right now."
On playing with big crowds.. "It was just amazing."
On a playoff push.. "I want to make the playoffs here. We'll see what happens, just take it game by game."
On what worked... "We just kept finding ways. Guys chipped in, guys' second efforts, huge blocks, managing the puck - just playing smart hockey."
On moving forward... "We're just going to continue to do what we do every week, it's working so we're not going to change it."
On Alexandre Texier's impact... "Seems like he has a little knack for scoring big goals... he's been a big time player for us right now."