Notes & Quotes: Nov. 30 v Syracuse Crunch
Cleveland Monsters v. Syracuse Crunch
Nov. 30, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
- Following last night's 4-3 overtime victory, the Monsters are now 16-8-3-0 all time against the Syracuse Crunch.
- The last time these two teams played was on April 9, 2013 when the Monsters won 5-4 in overtime
- Cleveland has now played in overtime in their last four games (Nov. 23 - Nov. 30) finishing with a 2-0-2-0 record for six points
- Adam Clendening now has eight points (2 goals, 6 assists) in six games which is good for a tie for sixth in the AHL for Assist Streaks.
- Clendening is also tied with Sonny Milano for 18th place in point-scoring in franchise history and in a tie for eighth place for assists
- Kole Sherwood scored his second goal of the season and his first AHL game-winning goal at the 3:33 mark of last night's overtime
- Jean-Francois Berube has earned his second win in a row and helped give the Monsters at least a point in his last five starts (Nov. 10 - W, Nov. 17 - W, Nov. 23 - OTL, Nov. 25 - W, Nov. 30 - W)
- Nathan Gerbe is on a season-best point streak with six points in five games (1 goal, 5 assists).
On tonight's performance... "It was a tough week last week so I was happy to contribute tonight and get the win."
On his difference maker... "I tried to be physical off the bat and do something to contribute. The goal and assist were nice there too, but I was just trying to get pucks in and be energy for the rest of the team."
On his current mindset... "I just try to make the most of this opportunity."
On his line mates... "It's pretty fun right now. We're all scoring goals... it's a little bit different for me this year, being on that line and being the guy who's expected to score every night. It's a bit different for me but it's fun when you've got guys like Robby (Eric Robinson) and Dalpe on your line - it's a lot of fun."
On what this night means... "Coming from the Portland days and the Crookston days... this is really nice to see for myself."
On season-long plans... "Right now, I'm just trying to take it day by day."
On bouncing back in game... "We talk about it before the game - having a mentality that no matter what happens, if we get scored on first shift... or calls don't go our way, we just come with the mentality that we've got to keep going until that final buzzer and we're not going to stop."
On Vogelhuber as a coach... "Anyone that's run into him has real positive things to say about him. He's awesome, he's a great guy. As far as the hockey part of it goes, very intelligent... he's a pleasure to work with, I'm happy to have him."
On Letestu... "He just knows where to go, what to do, how to be calm and how to play the game the right way... having a great example like that of a guy who made a career out of being a smart hockey player - that's awesome."